Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A picture of me last year and now, and how I've changed since then.



That was me last year. Holding Canadian bacon. I'm sorry, I just can't find one with my face showing. I was going through a "oh my gosh don't you dare point that camera at me" phase (scratch that, I still don't like other people taking pictures of me, but that's because it usually involves trying to get 7 kids to smile simultaneously. Which is easy when watching Mr. Bean, but not so easy when looking at a camera for an hour.

Anyway, last year wasn't a good year, but it wasn't a bad year. I started taking classes online, with Regina Coeli Academy, and I met some really awesome people there. To be quite honest, it's awesome. I also joined a great youth group, and got good at butterfly, and other than that it was pretty boring.


And that's me this year.

2010 has made a huge improvement in my life, and it's also been a pretty crappy year.  If that makes any sense.
I moved up a level in swimming (highest level available, yay me) gained like 15 pounds, which I'm not proud of but working on, and spent a week at the amazing Camp Ondessonk.  I've made a ton of progress with my schoolwork (though I don't like my classes this year as much as I did last year) and hugely improved my taste in music and art.  Its creepier now, but a lot more interesting.  Also, I've been pretty depressed these past few months.  My parents and I are drifting apart, and some of my friends, too, and I swear if I don't get out of this house soon I will strangle my little sister.  I feel smothered.  But I know that what's happening is hard, but it's not bad.  It's going to build my character and make me stronger, even if I consciously avoid being left alone in a room with both my parents.  I've made some hard choices, and I've given a ton of thought to some things that weren't that important to me a year ago.  I feel like I'm starting to find my place in this world.  And I must say, it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment